Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- What is SONSIK and why SONSIK is important for Nepalese Students?
SONSIK (Society Of Nepalese Students In Korea), a nonprofit organization, is the sole and registered student organization of Nepali students, academicians and intellectuals in the Republic of Korea. It is established in 2004 with an aim to integrate, represent and empower the Nepalese students in Korea by organizing various SONSIK Educational and Cultural activities. These SONSIK activities will help to provide a platform to develop confident in students by exploring and sharing knowledge, ideas and opportunities among the Nepalese students. For more details please visit the following links of SONSIK Documentation:
SONSIK e-Newsletter- http://sonsik.org.np/newsletter/
SONSIK Souvenir- http://sonsik.org.np/sonsik-souvenir/
- Who are the members of SONSIK? How can we join SONSIK? What are the requirements to join SONSIK?
As per the constitution of society all the Nepalese students in Korea are Regular members of the society. There are 427 current studetns in contact with SONSIK
(SONSIK Fact Book, November 2016)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1jXXk8sB1xpMThuaU00ZFZxWDg/view in more than 70 universities in various fields of science, engineering, technology, and social science. Also, there are 337 SONSIK Alumni who graduated from different Korean Universities. Among them more than 70 SONSIK Alumni are working here in Korea who is regarded as Affiliated member of SONSIK.
For more detail about requirements of membershp: http://sonsik.org.np/membership/
Any new member who falls under the criteria for membership can join this society via “JOIN ONLINE” by sharing information in the following link: http://sonsik.org.np/join-online/
- How can we edit our information?
- How SONSIK can help students in Nepal who are interested to study in Korea?
Korea has a long history of prioritizing excellence in education and offers its highly competitive education to citizens of the world. There is an increase in number of international students in Korea because of best education environment provided by the government and educational institutions in Korea.
- Scholarships from the government and other educational institutions
- Academic excellence
- Rich and colorful culture
- Cutting-edge technology
- World-class standard of living
- Job opportunities
For more detail: http://www.studyinkorea.go.kr/res/guide/studyinginkorea.pdf
SONSIK can help students in Nepal for close guidance to apply here in Korean Universities.
- What are the Scholarship Opportunities to study in Korea? When and how to apply ?
National Institute for International Education (NIIED) holds scholarship every year in cooperation with the Korean embassy and universities for the undergraduate and graduate students every year in September and February first week. Types of Scholarship:
- Government Scholarship
- Universities Scholarships (http://www.studyinkorea.go.kr/en/sub/gks/allnew_scholarship_universities.do )
- Other Institutions (http://www.studyinkorea.go.kr/en/sub/gks/allnew_scholarship_institutions.do )
For more detail: (SONSIK Fact Book, Nov 2016)- https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1jXXk8sB1xpMThuaU00ZFZxWDg/view
- What are the possible challenges to students during stay in Korea?
- Socio-cultural challenge – adoption
- Language problem – communication
- Academic expectation – low ?! or high?!
- Other issues – homesick, assimilation, acculturation, adjustment, financial difficulties (scholarship), etc.
Please check this file for more detail
- Is there any materials which can guide to study in Korea for Nepalese Students?
SONSIK has prepared a general guide book for Nepalese Students who are interested to study in Korea.
Please click for SONSIK Guide Book- http://sonsik.org.np/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/SONSIK-Guide-Book-to-Study-in-Korea-for-Nepalese-Students-2015.pdf