SONSIK (Society Of Nepalese Students In Korea), a nonprofit organization, is the sole and registered student organization of Nepali students, academicians and intellectuals in the Republic of Korea. It is established in 2004 with an aim to integrate, represent and empower the Nepalese students in Korea by organizing various SONSIK Educational and Cultural activities. These SONSIK activities will help to provide a platform to develop confident in students by exploring and sharing knowledge, ideas and opportunities among the Nepalese students. For more details please visit the following links of SONSIK Documentation:
(SONSIK Fact Book, November 2016)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1jXXk8sB1xpMThuaU00ZFZxWDg/view in more than 70 universities in various fields of science, engineering, technology, and social science. Also, there are 337 SONSIK Alumni who graduated from different Korean Universities. Among them more than 70 SONSIK Alumni are working here in Korea who is regarded as Affiliated member of SONSIK.
For more detail about requirements of membershp: http://sonsik.org.np/membership/
Any new member who falls under the criteria for membership can join this society via “JOIN ONLINE” by sharing information in the following link: http://sonsik.org.np/join-online/
- Scholarships from the government and other educational institutions
- Academic excellence
- Rich and colorful culture
- Cutting-edge technology
- World-class standard of living
- Job opportunities
For more detail: http://www.studyinkorea.go.kr/res/guide/studyinginkorea.pdf
SONSIK can help students in Nepal for close guidance to apply here in Korean Universities.
- Government Scholarship
- Universities Scholarships (http://www.studyinkorea.go.kr/en/sub/gks/allnew_scholarship_universities.do )
- Other Institutions (http://www.studyinkorea.go.kr/en/sub/gks/allnew_scholarship_institutions.do )
For more detail: (SONSIK Fact Book, Nov 2016)- https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1jXXk8sB1xpMThuaU00ZFZxWDg/view
- Socio-cultural challenge – adoption
- Language problem – communication
- Academic expectation – low ?! or high?!
- Other issues – homesick, assimilation, acculturation, adjustment, financial difficulties (scholarship), etc.
Please check this file for more detail
Please click for SONSIK Guide Book- http://sonsik.org.np/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/SONSIK-Guide-Book-to-Study-in-Korea-for-Nepalese-Students-2015.pdf