In order to run the organization for the benefit of its members, SONSIK has following objectives.
- To act as a common forum of all Nepali students in Korea to facilitate exchange of views and promotion of mutual cooperation among the members.
- To act as a channel in strengthening bilateral relations between Korea and Nepal, particularly by contributing to research and development in Nepal from the knowledge and experience gained in relation to the socio-economic and technological development in Korea.
- To maintain a cordial relationship with various academic institutions as well as educational related organizations including scholarship providers and policy framers.
- To provide necessary information regarding study opportunities and scholarship programs in Korea to those Nepali students who intend to study in Korea.
- To create a permanent online/offline alumni network of Nepali students who graduated from Korea.